Is that all?

Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Carburettor Rebuild

Got a really nice 31PICT-3 unit on this engine.

Dirty as hell and rusted up something good.

Lost the picture I took before I started the strip!

Got a rebuild kit and replaced all the gaskets. I took some bits off of my old carb that were better; stepped cam, throttle arm and auto cut-off valve etc. Kept the needle valve and the jets, they were all immaculate.

Got all the grime off too.

Tested the Float.

Soaked new throtle pump gasket in fuel for an hour before pre-tensioning and installing.

New throttle spring.

Stud had been lost and they were using a bolt instead. Cut some new threads along with new washers and nuts.

Adjusted the throttle pump volume on the bell crank too.

Initial adjustment of 2.5 turns out on the adjusters until I get this running on the engine and I will do final tweaks.

Set heater element.

Degreased everything then galleries and channels blown out.

All ready to go back in.


No comments:

Post a Comment